Monday, August 26, 2019

Creative Confetti~Make it Shimmer!

Today I am sharing a card for this month's Power Poppy Creative Confetti "Make it Shimmer" challenge! I had spent an afternoon just experimenting with some shimmer embossing paste that I had used with a new Altenew stencil on water color paper. The process went something like this....after you apply your paste you gently spritz the panel and then drop ink refill into the recesses and watch it spread out over the paper. This creates a lot of texture and color. The sparkle came from the SU! Shimmer Embossing Paste.
 I loved the shimmer but thought it would only do for an occasion that required some real sparkle...so I saved the panel for another day...
And then I saw the challenge over on the Power Poppy blog and knew this was the occasion! As you can see, I only used a part of my panel on  the lower portion and used the set, "A Wreath for All Seasons" from Power Poppy to stamp, coloring in shades to match my panel. I did borrow some inspiration from the Power Poppy blog to make my card...adding a vellum scalloped circle and a few tiny rhinestones. The "Joy" is silver embossed!
This card is one of those that evolved over time , but I was really happy with the outcome and to be able to use my embossed panel while it was still fairly fresh in my mind.
Thanks so much for your visit...and wishing you a blessed day!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, how pretty! Truly gorgeous with all the shimmer and the shading. Nice stencil and love the silver and lovely shade of blue. Hooray for getting a Christmas card done! My total has been at 20 for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Oh I like the softness of this. Totally need to case these colors and design Traci. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!