Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Special Friends

Gosh, it's been awhile I know! I have a few cards in the lineup but haven't been near my computer for awhile. So for today's menu...*I think I have food on my mind, it is almost lunchtime*..I have a new item to show before I send. This is a recent purchase from Penny Black called "Special Friends." I love so many Penny Black stamps and just finally purchased a few from a recent release. The sweet animals in this set appealed to me!

I also had purchased this embossing folder-looking trellis (Stampin' Up!) and was trying to find a creative way to put it to use. I just embossed the white card front and then brushed green ink lightly over the raised portions. The tiny pink Prima roses were added to maybe resemble flowers growing on a vine...though with these types of images you can't be too literal. I colored the bunny and squirrel with copics and cut them out by hand...then added a tiny banner with the words, "just because" and a tiny green pearl accent. The card is popped up on green which is popped up on white...making for a dimensional card.
I have to say...my yard is a veritable Bambi scene most days with all kinds of woodland creatures...but I have yet to see a bunny and a squirrel coming near each other. Though they often fight for the same food sources and I can see them scampering in the same general area...I have yet to see them hug. Which is why I like stamps, I guess. It feeds my imagination that all creatures are filled with love and goodwill given to them from their Creator! 
As always I appreciate your visit and kind comments! I am so happy to be able to sit down and share a new card! Wishing you a blessed day, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh, Traci. You know how you can love something so much it hurts? Well, that's me and this card. I actually let out a little exclamation when it scrolled into view. I'm so glad you shared this one! The hug really got to me. And that embossing folder so perfectly inked, and the delicate pink flowers. I agree you can't be too literal. Just let yourself go. It's so much more fun that way. I fell in love with this release, too, but I wasn't in shopping mode at the time. Now I wonder how I ever held back. I have only a few Penny Black stamps, but they're a new love and I got quite a few from the latest release. More to follow, I'm sure. This was a most wonderful treat today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!