Friday, May 3, 2019

Pardon My Purple!

Well, it's finally Spring here in Northern Colorado...it has been a very long winter and I am enjoying the past two days of Spring like weather. The Pear trees are bursting forth in bloom and I need to go get a photo of those quick before the wind blows them away! We have Lilacs right under our deck where we have our morning coffee and they are so heavenly when they bloom. I saw Power Poppy had a sale on this set "Lilac Time"  last weekend...and it just reminded me to pull mine out and use it.
It may be hard to see any detail on those blooms as they were gold embossed which left little space for shading, etc...but I used a variety of lilacs and purples using my Zig Markers to watercolor these and also the tiny ladybug on that leaf...so fun! I also used a new to me embossing folder from Stampin" Up on the purple layer...it gives the base a tufted look which is very feminine. The panel was given a gold liquid pen treatment along the edges and then an organza ribbon and matte colored gems were added. The sentiment is from Power Poppy's set, "Potted Primroses."  The entire image was splattered with some of the watercolor and it gave a nice little splattering of color without overwhelming the main image. I had initially created this card for the April challenge but I ran out of time posting it...so here it is. I am sure I will have an occasion to use this!
For some reason a lot of people comment on my purple cards by prefacing that they don't really like purple..but they like my card...which always makes me laugh and hence the title of this post.
I love purple...but lilac is even better in my book!
I am so happy you stopped by and hope you enjoyed your visit. Thank you!
Have a beautiful day and hope you get to be out and enjoying Spring in your part of the world!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I like purple and I love your card! Like any color, there can be shades of it that are a little loud, but then you'd use them in moderation. This particular shade of lilac is pretty no matter what. It's very delicate. The ribbon and EF are both gorgeous, too. Enjoy your spring, Traci!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!