Friday, September 21, 2018

Snow Kissed Snowman!

Hi friends! This is my second post today...I finally uploaded a card for the Dare to Get Dirty forum for monthly Christmas Card challenge and realized I should put it here also. I do love making Christmas cards...although I also send out some really cute boxed cards...for special friends and family I do hand deliver or mail out a hand stamped Christmas card!
This is the snowman featured in Power Poppy's set, "Snow Kissed." I adore this set and have made a few cards from it...but this is my first snowman. I actually water colored this up and then added a few prisma pencils for shading. I also used a bit of shimmery white for the highlights of the snowman in water colors. I am really enjoying water coloring right now.
I just ran out of this red ribbon...it is my very favorite from Stampin' Up and I've had it awhile in the Cherry Cobbler red. My snowman looks a little small here...I think it's the angle. I added some filigree die cut snowflakes sprinkled in glitter and a rhinestone that I colored up bright red with a copic marker!
Thanks so much for your visit...I always enjoy reading your kind comments. Blessings on your day!

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable! Your card stole my heart right off the bat. The snowflake in the corner is perfect, especially with the red rhinestone center. I've been trying to use more ribbon lately. I have to somehow justify the drawers full in my stamp room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!