Friday, September 21, 2018

Ode to Aspens

One of my favorite things about Fall in Colorado is the changing of the Aspens. And I realize I haven't any aspen stamps...but I decided not to let that stop me when I was watercoloring up this set from Papertrey Ink, "Mighty Oak." There needs to be a set called, "Awesome Aspen," or "Amazing Aspen," or "Artistic Aspen..." or something like that.
So, I decided to diecut the trunk in white, since Aspens do have a white trunk with those knotty
"eyes" on them.



I used Peerless Watercolors for these after I had die cut the leaves. I painted them one by one in various shades of golden Amber, green and golds, fiery red and orange hues. I stamped the sentiment from the set in a black ink to give contrast to the  card stock. I also added Nuvo gold drops (maybe I got a little carried away?) But I love the little bit of shimmer and that's one thing that is difficult to capture in water color.
This past weekend I was so excited to go to a place in the mountains with a friend I had never been to before. It was the perfect weekend to go Aspen viewing for the color change. I was able to get a pretty good photo to share here. 



Aspens near Boreas Pass, Colorado
Thanks so much for your visit today...I always appreciate your visit and hope you have a wonderful weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. The Aspens are so beautiful in their blazing gold! I live by the beach and have very few beach stamps. Go figure. I do love your beautiful tree with the white trunk and colorful leaves. Fall is such a beautiful season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!