Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teapot Tuesday, Sketch Challenge , and SSIC Challenge











Today is Teapot Tuesday on Splitcoast Stampers, and I wanted so badly to participate. The story, however, is about a cow...I think da Muddermark has an affection for bovines, and alas I am not equipped with a plethora, no not even a single cow stamp. However, I have a dog named Copper, who is a Corgi, and Corgis are cow-herding dogs.

I have been enamored with this dog from Mo's Digital Pencils for so long, because he reminds me so much of my dog...the shape, the disposition, the coloring...and this image reminds me of my youngest daughter with our dog a few years back.

It has taken me much effort, I tell ya, much effort, to figure out how to upload a digital! It is not the digi designer's fault, but this has been a process to get this image and download it and color it. So your comments, encouragement, would be so very welcome right now. I want to do this again, I love these images!


Okay, so for the story, you have to visit the Teapot Challenge blog of Mothermark (just click on the polka dot tea cup in my sidebar) and you can read her exciting story of Curt the Squirt, sister of Alicia, who is in the cow prankster business but has found himself stuck somewhere jumping over the moon, and needs to get unstuck. This is where my little dog, also known as Mr. Copper-Fella is to the rescue...he is going to go round up Curtis by nipping at his heels, barking incessantly and jumping up and down like a wild animal that he is until Curtis budges...then he's going to whip Curtis into shape doing cow aerobics until...until...untill...well the cows come home, or Curtis loses a few inches, whichever comes first!!

I used the Sweet Sunday sketch found above to help get this card started. I used some pretty gingham glittered paper and paired with pink pirouette and white card stock. The bow underneath was made using some wide crochet scrap ribbon and layering a pink taffeta over it with score-tape, then cinching it together with some white thread. The hearts are from my sweet friend, Dawn, (flowergal36)who I so {heart}...thank you!!

And lastly, this card is for this week's Stamping Sisters in Christ challenge 24 based on the verse Matthew 18:4 "Therefore whoever humbles himself like this child is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." You can visit this challenge forum by clicking on the Stamping Sisters in Christ button at the top right of my blog.

So head on over to the teaparty blog and check out today's story and play along, you have all week to get Curt into shape!!

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet, sweet card. I just love this image by Mo's Digital Pencils. You've colored it so beautifully. And it’s perfect with that gorgeous designer paper and your many details. Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, I love how you combined all of these challenges. That is the cutest image & you did a GREAT job with it! You go girl with those digis! You can do it!

    Pssst, don't tell Cindy but the REAL winner of the cow contest was MY cow, Kirsten. She sounded a bit Swedish to me. Cindy is just feeling delusional about Alica. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an OUTSTANDING JOB.....I just love this my friend..You could not have picked a better image than this for the SSIC challenge. I was visiting that site and saw the scripture..I heart kids so this is perfect for this image...You rocked it..I knew you could do it. The hearts are a perfect embellishment..Hope your day was great..Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so far behind....so no long stories from me today...HOWEVAH....I had to again tell you how very sweet this card is...I love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is the sweetest little pin confection I've seen in ages! You totally rocked the challenge, this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love the pink! You've colored that image so beautifully! Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a beautiful job with this image -- next time it will be even easier for you to download, etc. It's new to me too -- kind of hard to figure out at first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo pretty, TRaci. I love everything ab out this card......neato!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a crack up you are! Loved your Mr. Copper-Fella story...you surely ought to get a prize for that! ;) Your card is so sweet --image, paper, punch, embossing, glitter, all the hearts, AND your ribbon treatment (I just paired those two together last week...great minds, eh? lol). Great card, and fun story! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi traci, what a beautiful card, image is so special and the embossing on back ground is awesome..love it...
    hugz
    stitchy xx
    www.stitchystamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!