Sunday, October 4, 2009

World Card Making Day!






Well, it's the end of the weekend and I was able to spend most of a Sunday afternoon participating in the World Card Making Day challenges on SCS!!
The first card is my Flourishes Stamps submission for this sketch. This set is a flourished sweet pea boquet embossed in a pearl white and then watercolored. I had a humdinger of a time trying to figure out what was leaves and what were blossoms, as it was white on white. This is one time a paint by number would have come in really handy! All in all, I liked the end result though not sure I like this tilted off it's axis!
The next card was for Gina K's challenge to use the colors pumpkin, chocolate and vanilla in your card creation. I was able to whip this out using some designer paper that I have had forever, and my bowmaker for the silk ribbon. A quick and hopefully elegant card!
The last card was my Magnolia's challenge requirement to make an ornament. I have several Magnolia images, but alas no Christmas or holidays, so was delighted with the paper piecing and if you look really closely, Tilda is wearing cherries on her pinafore~~With a little glitter, it looks pretty Christmas-y, and pairs well with her patterned tights. A couple of ribbons were added, some distressing, and a couple of hours later, here ya go!!
I hope you were able to participate in one if not more of these challenges.
And anybody want to come over...we can clean up my stamp room and eat some of the chocolate hiding underneath the piles!!
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Well if you do that all the time, hide chocolate under the piles, then of course I will come over and help clear the mess (did I say that? I meant clutter, errrr result of frenzied creative activity). I like all three, please don't make me choose a favorite! And yes, I agree, after painting that lovely Flourishes stamp myself, a paint by number would come in so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be on my way if I knew how to get there!

    Great cards, love the flourished flourish. LOl You did a great job coloring it. Your cards are so elegant. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a beautiful ornament! I could see a whole tree down with those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I was smellin' chocolate somewhere and my nose finally sniffed it out! LOL! What fun you had participating in the WCM Day challenges and what beautiful cards you created, Traci! From the elegance of that gorgeous ribbon to the soft, beautiful blues on the floral card to the really cool patterned tights on Tilda.....all of them are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! And I actually like the Tilda- she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci, I love all of your creations. I LOVE your bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ....hmmmm....chocolate.......cleaning???.....well I guess if you combine the two I can put up with the cleaning...lol

    fabulous work....you've been a busy stamper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly you have created some beauties here Traci. Of course I love the Magnolia one the best..hehe. What fantastic coloring on the first one.. LOVE the look. The soft blue is beautiful. The second one is my fav. colors.. I love fall. You rocked all of these.. Hope your week is sunny and full of smiles..hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable! Love them...perfect for National Card Making Day. Love Miss Tilda! She's sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!