Friday, October 30, 2009

What's the Weather like where you live???


As I've mentioned more than a few times (anyone tired of hearing of our weather??) the weather here has been snowy...like setting records. Today's challenge on SCS by Judy (Joy in a Jar) was to make a card depicting the weather. I had made this card front a little while ago practicing the brayered sky look. It just seemed plain, so I had never done anything with it.
Today when I was flipping through my blue cardstock, I found a card front with this Irish blessing script already stamped, another discard. I decided to use my Top Note die on the script cardfront, and then played around with it and decided to put it on the side with the moon peeking out behind it.
Well, you put two discards together, and you get one pretty decent card. I really like it when that happens, as I don't like anything to be wasted. So, this is what I came up with and it will most likely be used as a sympathy card.
I hope you enjoy it, and hope you are able to use your discards today!! Thanks again for stopping by...
And really, what's the weather like at your house today???

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Lovely as a tree never gets old, does it? Just lovely, Traci.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty! Trqci, this is a great depiction of your weather situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo pretty. I just got this set from a friend who wanted to get rid of it but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I love how you used it here! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool is this....lovely card and ingenius use of 'leftovers'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I think its beautiful! I agree, those discards can create magic sometimes, can't they? And the songs on your blog, so appropriately timed too . . . let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee! I got such a chuckle out of the Let It Snow song playing on your blog. What a perfect accompaniment to your gorgeous sympathy card. I never tire of Lovely As a Tree, and I love how you have the moon peeking out of the topnote die.
    No snow here....thank goodness....just rainy and windy.
    Snugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH you are so good.. LOL.. I love the music you have on your blog.. I have got to do that for Christmas.. So perfect.. Now on to your card.. I love this stamp set.. It is perfect for this type of technique... Great job Mzzzz Traci.. I hope your week is full of warm sunshine. It is too early for winter snow.
    P.S. I was at Michaels today and they were playing Christmas music..Ya ready for that yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traci...omg! This is one incredibly amazing and beautiful card. I love the wonderful colors you chose! Its such a special card and will be cherished by its recipient!

    I was gonna call you on the way home. It was not just your phone, things were really wacky last night with cell service! Seems to be okay this morning. I had a heck of a time getting Brad and Kenny, as a matter of fact, I never did!

    So good to walk with you and thank you for you know what......hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!