Friday, August 31, 2018

Creative Confetti~Birthstones

Hey there friends...today's blog post has to do with some fun challenges on Power Poppy! One of the challenges for the month of August was to create a card using your birthstone. I have always loved birth stone rings and the first ring I received was from my parents along the age of 11 or 12...and it was a simple gold band with a garnet. What is so amazing to me is I still have it though it is way too small for my fingers now. 
So I actually made a couple of cards but had a difficult time finding the right color for garnet. Then I looked up the stone's symbolism and read that garnets aren't just the deep crimson; but can range to a rosy red which is the color I used for my card today. And just for good measure...I also colored in my clear stone with a deeper rose for the garnet.



The set is from Power Poppy, "Orchid's Rock." I colored the image with a variety of copic markers and stamped the sentiment and the upper border in a light colored memento ink. I decided to go with one of my curved border dies to give interest. 
Thanks so much for stopping by and always enjoy reading your comments! Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. I love when you color Power Poppy, Traci! This looks very garnet-color to me and, yes, they can be found in a wide range of colors. Your card is certainly beautiful and I love the curved edge. I also love the quotes/sentiments in this set. I've had it out on my table all summer. I'm so easily distracted when it comes to stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, your card is so so elegant, refined, and perfectly sparkly!! Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Confetti this month — your work is a joy to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The die cut edge is a wonderful touch and your colors are beautiful Traci. I think your birthstone color is wonderful as is your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!