Saturday, August 18, 2018

Cheerful Columbines~Creative Confetti!

Hi friends! I can't believe we are in the middle of August...I have been a little on the slow end to get things here on my blog lately! It must be those lazy days of summer kicking in!
This month Power Poppy's Challenge is a new "Creative Confetti" and my Cheerful Columbines card is an attempt to add a little glow to my flowers and the entire image...with yellow added in.  You can find Allison Cope's video tutorial here.
Although I am enamored by this Columbine image I will readily admit it's posed a coloring challenge for me! It is a bit more to color on and shade and highlight...and when I went to trim it for the life of me the image seemed tilted and still does. So here's my tilt a whirl card...I added a sentiment set a bit more straight on top to hopefully ground it.






I added a bit of yellow copic marker on the columbines and also for highlighting. I also found a perfect green designer paper to mimic the speckling in the egg and some earthy twine to add a bit of rustic charm. I have a lot of practice to get it right...but if I don't stare with a critical eye this card is for certain cheerful and will go to someone that needs a bit of encouragement!
Thanks for stopping in...I would so appreciate your comments!

4 comments:

  1. Traci, this is beautiful! You've certainly colored it with some wonderful glow like Allison shared in her video. Your coloring is exquisite, and I love how you've colored the darling bird! Beautifully done and a card that will surely encourage someone very special!! I love it! Hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci this turned out wonderful and I like the blue you used. I sometimes feel this way on larger images myself, but once you are done coloring it always seems like it wasn't that much. Or atleast that is how it is for me. :-) Beautiful card. I sent you an email too, check your junk mail as the subject was Ranger and it was from our morgancinemas email and spam folders like that address. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci, just think of it as a jaunty angle. I had to go look at my columbine digi to see if it was tilted. Thankfully, no. You've done a beautiful job with the coloring. Sometimes PP images have a lot going on and it takes me a while to dive into them. I haven't colored this one yet. Got as far as photographing some columbine in my garden to use as a reference. I'm intimidated by coloring realistic birds, but -- wow -- yours looks fantastic! It's a gorgeous card and someone is going to feel very special to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how we are our worst critics? If you hadn't said anything, I would have never known that the image was askew -- it's gorgeous and I love the vibrant way you colored it up and gave it a bit of a glow! Love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!