Sunday, November 6, 2016

Think Pink!!~November Power and Spark Challenge

Hello, fellow stamping friends! This month's challenge on my favorite stamping blog, Power Poppy, is hosted by Tosha Leyendekker to "Think Pink!" It is slightly humorous that I've been on a pink stamping spree lately...especially with Christmas cards...well, who am I kidding?? Pink is my go to stamping color!! But for the life of me, when I saw this challenge...I couldn't figure out what to do! I credit it to being emotionally tired and perusing through stacks of  Christmas themed designer paper in search of pink.  I found this old single sheet (old but oh so pretty) by Basic Grey I think...and used it as my starting point. There isn't a lot of detail in my card but if you could fast forward a video of it in the making process...well, it would be a "comedy of errors," I am sure. It just did not come together easily. In the final product, I used one sheet of pink and burgundy poinsettia paper with burgundy embossing powder for the main image, a pretty floral embossing folder that mimic the poinsettia paper on a pink stripe, and some pretty silver vintage tinsel from Tim Holtz. The scalloped base is a die from Papertrey Ink that I love and use often! And that's it. Whew!!



 This darling image is from a retired set, "Sweets of the Season." The sentiment was too long to fit horizontally on my card, so I finally took my scissors and cut the sentiment in half, then layered it on the top and the bottom of the focal point, using my fingers to form an arched curve to hug the sentiment.  I have never done that before...but I am happy to say I did and it worked!!
Now that I've accomplished this one card...my mind is back in gear and I am going to attempt more pink in the form of gift cards for Christmas.
Thanks so much for your visit!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

4 comments:

  1. I always make at least one pink Christmas card. Non-traditional colors are fun! I'll probably do purple, too. I love how you cut apart the sentiment and curved it. Sometimes those long skinny clear stamp sentiments are hard to keep straight, anyway. I think I have this paper. Love the tinsel, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely charming and oh, so festive Traci!! Love your sweet pink image with that lovely paper! And the tinsel is the perfect touch!! So glad you joined Power Poppy's Power and Spark Think Pink challenge this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci this is cute and festive! I like the designer paper and that silver meshy ribbon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fun pink design Traci! The simplicity to stamping the image like this with the boldness of the paper is a great pairing! That fun tinsely ribbon is cool too! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!