Sunday, October 30, 2016

Cozy Cardinals

Hi there, crafty friends! I am popping in for a brief interlude between family obligations. My dear Father-in-law took flight to be with the Lord. His services are tonight in Denver and all day tomorrow. I wanted to take a breather from the heaviness to lift my spirits with these sweet cardinals.
Stacy Morgan hosts a Dirty Dozen Christmas challenge monthly, so wanted to play along for the month of October!
I love this sweet image from "Cozy Cupfuls" by Power Poppy! I used a herringbone patterned paper in reds and greens, framed out with scalloped white.
The coloring was done with copic markers and highlighted with a white prisma pencil. They eyes were done with a very fine micron black pen and highlighted with a white gel pen. The bowls have a bit of glaze to give them a more authentic look.Red satin ribbon was added and two Webster Sparklets on the sentiment tag.
Wishing you blessings on your day!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, now, this is cute, Traci! This image, one of my favorites, is the perfect balance of fun, sweet, and pretty. I love the contrasting herringbone colors, the scallops, the gloss, and the pretty bow. Just a perfect Christmas card. I'm going to have to color like the dickens to get my cards done this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear Traci, I'm so sorry about your father-in-law, but we know that he is now with His Savior. Praying for your comfort as you surely will miss him. But what a wonderful break to take the time to make this beautiful card with these darling cardinals and the teacups. It's one of my favorite images too, and you've truly made a gorgeous card with it! I love the herringbone DP and the sweet touches with the ribbon, sparklets, and the perfect addition of glaze. Beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!