Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tilda Sweet Surprises





Tilda has a surprise cupcake for you today! I just got this set, Cowberry Muffin, and paired it with the Basic Grey Lemonade designer paper for this week's Magnolia sketch challenge. The challenges run weekly and it is about to expire today!! Good grief, I can't believe how fast a week goes by!

My Tilda was colored with copic markers. I can't tell you which ones, because once I start, I just keep grabbing and blending, and in the end, I usually have about 20 sprawled out over my table. I like the idea of blending 3 colors per color family, but it usually doesn't work that way for me! The background paper is SU Rose Red, the designer papers and Tilda were matted in Certainly Celery. Sugar coated brads from Making Memories and one little pearl for the cherry were added for fun. White polka dotted sheer ribbon was wrapped around the base, per the sketch requirements. The side tab is from SU's Sweet Sampler set, stamped in Rose Red, then punched with a large oval. Only one side was trimmed and tucked under the main image...I like that sentiment, "Sweets" it fits a few people in my life right now!

There is a place not too far from my house called "The Cupcakery," and putting this card together has assured a visit soon...Tilda will probably pick the red velvet, which one do you want??

I hope you like my Tilda submission, and always love to read your comments. Thanks for stopping by today!


Here is a picture of the sketch:

5 comments:

  1. Traci, I love what you do with Tilda! The coloring is wonderful and for a moment I forget that she doesn't have a mouth!
    Great job on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMM I will take a chocolate one please. That sounds so good. I think I need to make some this weekend. This is adorable. Sweetness comes straight from your heart. I can't wait to use my new Tilda. I think the next Magnolia challenge we should do together. I just got some of this paper. It looks awesome here. Great job Traci..Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a precious card! I love her with the Lemonade paper...I just got some and am anxious to use it! Its so fun, reall adorable. Good idear posting the sketch too!

    I got a big blister on the back of my heal!!! A gargantuous one!!!! Stupid shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so cute! How will she eat the muffin though? Good thing the lemonade is in paper form so she can enjoy it. :) Great coloring job and that image is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make the sweetest cards! I love this one! HA! I just saw Peggysue's comment about eating the muffin. Oh, how funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!