Thursday, July 30, 2009

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday


Good morning! I have been away from stamping for a little while, but after reading the Flourishes Newsletter, I wanted to join the challenge this week to make a monochromatic card. The only stipulations were you could only use one color and variations of that color, and one white or cream cardstock. This card uses one of the most versatile Flourishes sets, Thinking of You. The top white panel was stamped with a small stamp from the set. The bottom panel is from the SU designer paper, Bella Birds. The center basket and border is actually two stamps arranged on an acrylic block. The colors used were pink pirouette and pretty in pink. These were framed in 3 ovals from the nestabilities line. And to add a little interest, tiny pearls were also added for a little shimmer to match the shimmer in the ribbon. To see the design team entries this week and participate: http://flourishesnewsletter.blogspot.com/
Thanks for stopping by today, I wish you happy stamping!
Oh, and I realize this might be hard to see, it is so light, so click on the picture if you can't~

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog!! Your card is so beautiful! Love the monochromatic colors!! So soft and elegant!! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey look, your blog finally moved up! :) This is lovely, pink pirouette was a favorite of mine in the last SU color lineup, actually I think I liked all the colors from last year. What great detail! All the little pearls and that shimmery ribbon, so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its hard to photo these pastel cards like this...I did click on it, that helped. Its beautiful Traci...so glad you are having fun with your blog. They are addicting aren't they! Your cards are wonderful and guess what? So are you!!!

    Did you listen to my goofy phone message? Giggle! Your music skeered me this morning! I wasn't prepared but it got the old heart a jumping! Snort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely Traci!! You did a wonderful job with the challenge!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!