Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mother's Day cards






I talked to my Mom today. She is in a nursing home awaiting the time she can go home and be with her doggies and my Dad.

I want to share more of a tribute to my Mom tomorrow, but for now, I am showing you a before and after card that I used for today's SCS sketch challenge. The card to the left was a set of quick note cards I tried (unsuccessfully) putting togeter as a git set for a friend.

These cards are even plain for a "plain and simple" card, which is what I normally prefer. Today's sketch was perfect for this image, though, so I pulled one flower off, and transformed it into this card. I was able to use several new punches that I didn't even own back when I made this set. The left side of the flower is accented by Martha Stewart's arch lattice punch, the little corners are a punch from EK success, and the butterfly is another Martha Stewart punch. The butterfly was accented with tiny pearls, as well as the little corner punches. Today I was "popping pearls" all over the place!!

I found a poem that was shared by Ellen Hutson, and I just loved it, so I copied it for the inside sentiment and wanted to share it in my next post!

5 comments:

  1. They are both very nice Traci! I love the one you did for your mom with the sketch. Your mom will love it! I hope both your parents are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!
    I can so empathize with you as my dad has been in a home for the last six weeks. It is tough on the children (us!) too! Sending hugs and praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, Traci, and so is the poem. I hope your parents are getting better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping your dad is doing so much better. Your mom will love this. I am sure this has been tough. Great poem. Gets me all teary-eyed.. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh.. I meant your mom. I am having a blonde day.. I am wishing everyone well and back to normal.. It is tough...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!