Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Creative Confetti Challenge "On the Grid"

Hi friends. I am going to quickly share a card creation today for Power Poppy's Creative Confetti Challenge~"On the Grid."
I decided to use a copy of an original copic colored Columbines from the oh so cute "Cup of Columbine" by Power Poppy just in case I messed up the colored copy in the cutting process. (Because...yes, I do and I did.) Anyway, after I made a copy of my colored image...I then added highlights and shading to the copy and then used a sliver of paper as Julie explained in her excellent tutorial as spacers. I decided to back the image in blue because I had a lot of blue in the Columbines.
It was hard to capture this in the photo...but I made doubly sure to line up the bird's beak and top of his head so it wouldn't look too wonky and that helped the whole image. Since there was quite a bit of white space in both corners...I had the idea to add sentiment banners on both ends taken from the set, "Folk Heart." Oh my heart...I decided to color pearls to match the blue in the Columbines using a blue copic marker also and it is so cute in person! A twine bow along the side to add to the natural look and there you have it.
This was fun and I may try it again before this month's challenge is over!
And here is a picture I took while walking in our Botanical Gardens of some Columbines...I definitely need to try this image again in these lighter shades of  lavender blue.




Thanks for your visit and always enjoy reading your comments and what you're up to!  Blessings on your day, friends!

2 comments:

  1. I would never guess this was a copy. It's so beautiful, Traci! Wow! Think how many different times you can use this colored image and every time it has the same perfect coloring. My crummy printer couldn't begin to reproduce a copy like this. It barely prints my digis. Someday I'll get a new one. I just love how this turned out with the grid and the perfectly matched pearls. The columbine in your photo are delicately beautiful, too. I still have not colored this image, and I even have a photo of some columbine in my garden that I want to use as a guide. Sometimes I forget what I have, sheesh. Lovely post today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Traci! I would have had a tough time cutting up this beauty as well! But... it created such a gorgeous result! Love the pennant flags on both ends to balance it all out. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!