Monday, November 19, 2018

Fawn and Flora

Hi and Happy Monday to my stamping friends! Usually over the weekend I attempt to stamp a card...sometimes I actually have one to share; other times I am stumped for ideas.
Isn't this the sweetest fawn's face? I am assuming this is a doe which is how I dressed the wreath on her head and the colors. This was a fast and fun card to make.
Our daughter was here with a friend to visit and her friend loved my stamp room and it was my pleasure to show her around and share some of my cards. They both chose a few to take home which made me very happy, too! Having "new" eyes to see my craft room and appreciate all my "stuff" gave me new enthusiasm for stamping. I sometimes feel like my family gives me the "eye roll" when it comes to my love for this little hobby. I mean...I've been doing it for so long and they just don't get excited as I do...but I don't blame them. I can't get that excited about my husband's hobbies, especially watching football or our daughter's obsession with hiking. :)
After they left I had the idea to make her friend a card with one of my new sets this year. I wanted to make it cute and fun but not spend a lot of time...the hardest part of this card was choosing the colors and aligning the 3 step stamps for the face. But even that wasn't too difficult using my MISTI. 
.
This is a set from Papertrey Ink, "Fawn and Flora" using PTI's colors, Mint Julep, Vintage Jadite, and Hibiscus Burst for the wreath and Stampin' Up's Brown Sugar for the body, Altenew's black (which I adore), and some gold glittered embossing powder.
I am so glad you stopped by and wish you a blessed day! 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this card, Traci! That deer is absolutely the sweetest and such a cute sentiment with it. I bought a digi similar to this which I plan to color for Christmas. So pretty with the dainty pink plaid! Always remember, there's a whole world of stampers out there who share your enthusiasm, and your room is a magical place. You create happiness, and who can roll eyes at that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!