Thursday, November 9, 2017

Altenew Florals ~ Couldn't stop at just One!

This will be a quick post with more photos than text...I have a wedding to go to this afternoon! This is the second wedding of my nieces and nephews in a matter of months. I don't know my nephew's fiance very well...but wanted to welcome her into the family with a handmade card.
This new to me stamp by Altenew, Painted Flowers, was very fun to stamp. I tried different color combinations and sentiments. Well, I'll just let you see.
The first one is the wedding card. I used Gold Mirror card stock for the border, and embossed in gold. Also, a bit of glitter on all the floral, which unfortunately didn't capture in any of the photos today. 

This looks lopsided...but the sentiment and border are straight...just the camera angle.

Then, because I always need a "Just because" card...I chose this sentiment with softer pink floral. I am a bit smitten with this one. What do you think?
This one would make a cheerful "Get Well" or just a "Thinking of you" card. I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink die, layered a sparkly blue with a black backdrop...then used two of the strips from trimming my card as border strips. 
So...that's it for my color explorations in my new Altenew stamp set. I really love this one...although it took a bit of time to figure out which stamps layer and just how...but once I did...it was really fun! 
Thank you for your visit...and wishing you blessings on your day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Don't you love playing with different color combination?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful, Traci! I haven't indulged much in Altenew stamps yet but I love the option to color or not. You chose a lovely set and your color combos work perfectly. It's understandably hard to stop at one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!