Sunday, January 22, 2017

Make it Monday~Masked Heart Wreath

Hi dear visiting friends! It's past time to show some stamping don't you think?...I needed a nudge after too much time off and becoming a bit lazy here! Over at Nichole's blog, Capture the Moment, this week's "Make it Monday" challenge by Melissa Philipps was to create a card using a masked heart negative and stamping around the outer perimeter with a variety of stamps and colors to form a heart wreath.
To begin, I watched her excellent video on the blog. Then I did a practice run on grid paper, using a variety of floral and a few twirls and swirls added in and experimented with colored inks. There is nothing that makes me happier than inks all across my desk...this was also very helpful in the final outcome.
Once I got started...I could not stop because I loved the outcome of the colors and floral look...so I have two cards to share today. One is a little more to it in design, I used a scalloped border and some striped PTI designer paper. I also used the sentiments in the "Choose Joy" sets as those are some of my favorites! And my heart shape was huge so I needed something to fill it.



And here is a little bit simpler version using some special variegated pink ribbon bow:

I added sequins to both cards...which gives them just a touch of sparkle!
Thanks so much for your visit...and thanks to Melissa for such a fun technique that will get a lot of mileage from with the approach of one of my favorite holidays, Valentine's Day!!
Card Recipe:
Paper: PTI White Linen, Sweet Blush Pattern Pack
Ink: Pale Peony, Autumn Rose, Lavender Moon, Stormy Sea, Amethyst Allure, Hibiscus Burst, and Encore Ultimate Metallic
Stamps:  Embellished Elegance, Graceful Greetings, Choose Joy
Thank you for your visit, and I cherish each comment! Blessings on your day!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful cards Traci! Love the flowers and stamps you chose to work with...so soft and delicate and just lovely! Don't know why I've never stumbled across your blog before, but had fun scrolling down through a LOT of your previous posts and enjoyed all your creations!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Traci, these are beautiful! I love what you've done and I'm so glad you pulled out your stamps. I do intend to post more often in 2017, it is one of my resolutions and I'd like to challenge you to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goregous! I can't decide which version I like better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Traci! This technique and your stamping produced two beautiful cards! And such pretty stamps. So sweet! I absolutely love the scalloped edge over the stripes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Traci! I like the way the flowers surround the heart, very creative. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!