Tuesday, August 23, 2016

End of Summer Card Trio

Welcome back to my little piece of bliss in Blog Land!! I am sorry I've been remiss in posting lately...a lot going on here! But I need to catch up with my card creations and share a few here with you.
I actually love how this trio turned out. The stamp is one I recently purchased from Hero Arts named "Flowers on a Stem." The subtle text background was created with Papertrey Ink's TextStyles, and the pattern from SU! Gorgeous Grunge.
Nothing makes me happier than simple stamping...this technique is an oldie but goodie...inking your stamp then misting it lightly before applying to the paper. Kind of mimics water coloring with less effort. The text and pattern were applied afterward. I used 3 ink combos which I didn't write down...do you have a favorite?
And finally...a butterfly in striped vellum to add to the airiness of each card.
Lavender and purple 



Coral and Blush with rhinestone centers

Aqua and Lavender with vellum butterfly
 These are all easy to mail and fairly flat except for the tiny rhinestones. The text and pattern give it the appearance of more layers...and create visual interest. I just stamped a simple "Happy Birthday" inside so now I have a few pretty cards ready for mail.
Thanks so much for popping in...wishing you many blessings on your day!!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty trio you have here, Traci! The flowers came out with a beautiful watercolor look and I love that. The subtle background is just right, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!