Friday, January 11, 2013

Winter Solitude

We had a freshly fallen snow this morning...putting me in a dreamy mood and not wanting to get out of my pajamas. I am dwelling as long as I can in the solitude, reeling in the urges to move on to the next big holiday or event...just enjoying the moment for today. This set from Papertrey Ink, "In the Meadow" was paired with a rustic woods papers to make what I hope is a suitable birthday card for my Dad.
I think he will enjoy this winter scene and it is the first time I have made the gate fold...opening up into a pretty inside accompanying sentiment. Or should I say "handsome," since this is supposed to be a "guy" card?
My Dad has a birthday the day after mine...which has always made it easy to remember!
I decided, I really like this fold, I enjoy being able to use some of the coordinating paper to add some visual interest to the inside.
Thanks for stopping by...wishing you winter solitude this week.

2 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous Winter and Masculine card. I have those same papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♫ Happy Birthday to YOU ♪ (cha cha cha)
    ♫ Happy Birthday to YOU ♪ (cha cha cha)
    ♫ Happy Birthday dear Traaaaaciiiii ♫
    ♪ Happy Birthday to YOU ♫ (cha cha cha)

    And many blessings to you this coming year. And happy birthday to your dad today!! What a NEAT birthday card for him. I bet he loved it!!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!