Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolve





Yesterday was Featured stamper, Marisa,(WhiteRockMama) on Splitcoast Stampers.(SCS). Her layout is the one I chose to use for the inspiration of my cards today.
I have a few hopes for myself this year, as there are some big changes coming my way soon. One that I can share is our youngest daughter will be on a plane to Spain for a study abroad semester in two days! I know she has been so excited about this for months now...and due to other happenings in my life with parents, my head has not been able to get totally "on board" with this idea. I am hoping that as she gets on board the plane, my head cooperates and my heart will let her go. It will be some exciting times ahead for her and challenging as well.
So this card's sentiment really spoke to me, "Fear knocked on the door, Faith answered and there was nobody there." That is probably more for my benefit than hers, but I am sure she has some fears going far away also...so I intend to give this to her as her going away card.
The other card, changed by the ribbon color and sentiment, and an added little butterfly is for a friend's birthday that I missed..."It's never too late to become what you might have become."
These two words of wisdom are appropriate for my stage of life. I realize I need to overcome a few fears in order to embrace the stage of life I am in now and God's new plans for me.
Thanks for stopping by today, hope your new year is full of faith, hope, and promise!!

14 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty card Traci. Best Wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Traci! I love that designer paper and of course the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are gorgeous ! Best Wishes to your daughter on this fantastic opportunity/adventure - and to you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Traci! I can only imagine what you are going through with the departure of your daughter, but what an opportunity for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci, these are just beautiful. wow.....so pretty and soft and frilly. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Change and growth are always so hard but they are what makes you blossom. I will be thinking of you while you transition. Some of the best things I have done involved more fear than I could have ever imagined. Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo pretty! Elegant and dainty...a great combination. I've been thinking of you all week...hope things are going well. When I read this post I just immediately thought of Jeremiah 29:11! May He increase your faith to blot out all fear and replace it with perfect trust. He knows the plan...and it's a good one! Can't wait to see how it unfolds and when it does you will be praising Him. I can almost hear you singing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracie I like both of these cards. I'm sure the recipients will enjoy them. I can appreciate your sentiments behind each card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Traci! Oh I so can identify with your words! I love both cards and the quotes on both are fabulous! I know that fear comes easily at this stage of life... and many things we deal with are "BIG" things... but we grow through them and like Diane said... God does have a plan and HE can be trusted!!! I will be praying for you and for your DD as she goes... and for Mom as she stays behind and lets her go. Letting her go doesn't mean you won't be on your knees praying for her though.... that's what we do as moms! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! You are right... the tissue box with Scriptures would be perfect encouragement for older parents and I might just send one to my DMIL who is in a nursing home too! Sending hugs!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Traci both of those cards are so beautiful! I am sure your daughter enjoyed her card and really, it will be hard while she is away, but you are a good Mom for letting go enough to stretch that umbilical cord over a big ocean! Amazing how far they can go! I'm here any time you want to chat! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your daughter is safely and excitedly off on her adventure AND that you are finding some comfort in the fact that you let her 'take wings'.......just think of the things she will be sharing with you as you watch her mature as an independent spirit....

    these cards are lovely in design and in sentiment

    beautiful work, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Traci, this post really speaks to me. And I like Dianes verse. We must not let fear overcome us and we need to look forward to a future of hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!