Sunday, December 5, 2010

Making a List and Flourishes Challenge






Hope you are having a blessed Sunday! I decided to share with you part of my planned small gifts to my ladies I am a "mentor Mom" to in our church. These are list makers, labeled "Holiday planners." The first is done in traditional red and golds with the candy cane striped twine on the buttons, and the second with non-traditional lavenders and aquas. The red and gold is stamped with sentiments from the Papertrey Ink set made just for these notebooks.
The mitten stamp is Flourishes, "Winter Wishes" colored in copics, then white shimmery ric rac is added along with aqua buttons topped with a snowflake and some bling. The doilies are Martha Stewart and are the perfect size to fit these Papertrey Ink notebooks. I used a template to cut the notebooks out and scor tape to glue the inserts of lined paper. They take a bit of time, but are so cute when finished!
Thank you for stopping by, I am still in the process of making Christmas cards and projects. They are my favorite to make, so mailing will still be awhile.
I am not in a hurry to get it all done, I would much rather take my time and enjoy the process. Life is hurried enough this time of year, don't you think??

10 comments:

  1. Traci, these are so cute! What a terrific gift idea for your mentored daughters. And I'm glad to see you having a great perspective on not being rushed at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is hurried.....I am generally ahead of the 'game' but am feeling late cuz everytime I plan to accomplish something, it doesn't happen as planned....today I was supposed to stamp the insides of all my cards and address them....not one of those things happened.....bah humbug...well, not really, but I am thinking YOU have the right attitude....calm and emjoy the process....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mitten note list is my fav, Traci. They will love their note lists. I like taking time to enjoy all of the Christmas moments too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous and very functional! I totally need lists...and these are beautiful! And, for a great project, too! Beautifully done, Traci! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable note pads Traci. I'm always making lists at work. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so festive and fun! they will love them and I like that they are non traditional colors. Beautiful work, they will LOVE them... seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, I got some thing like this last year from a dear dork sister! What a great idea for your Moms. I hope they like them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those mini list books. I really should make some this week. Beautiful projets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traci these are both so cute! I love the colors on both and particularly like the mittens, that was a great set to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh....love the colors in the purple one. Gorgeous! These ARE so fun to make, and yours are just exceptional. They make great presents.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!