Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not Too Shabby!!






Good morning!
One of my favorite places to visit, "The Shabby Tea Room," is having a Design Team challenge this month!! The inspiration is a photograph of this antique Victorian teapot featured in the first frame.
When I "see red," I visually hone in on toile, a favorite design element! This card was created using the floral image in the SU "Elements of Style." The image was stamped first in Cranberry Crisp dye ink, and then each line was traced with a blender pen to give it a very softened effect.
There is a wonderful tutorial on the Flourishes blog from Julie showing just how to do this technique!
The teapot had a centered focal point, so that was recreated using the Nestabilities Labels 9 die and a Verve stamped verse. My favorite shabby crochet ribbon was added with a strip of cranberry ribbon over it and then a simple pearl accent for Victorian embellishment.
I think this card captures the essence of the photograph...don't you?
Thank you so much for stopping in, and especially on such a rainy cool and cloudy afternoon. I have the teakettle on and some pretty cups to serve from, what's your preference?

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty ... thanks for your interest in The Shabby Tea Room DT Call and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful too.. I love the red and white together. It has a vintage look.. Your card is perfect for the teapot inspiration.. Great card sweet friend...Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous! And I like the way the verse is cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! What an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the teapot AND your inspired card....so classy and rich

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!