Monday, September 21, 2009

Foliage in Metallics







This is one of those cards that took a couple of days to put together. Saturday I had purchased some metallic pearl ex powders with the hopes of bringing some of the Fall foliage colors to life. This set is from SU's Country Blessings and is one of my favorites. I embossed the image with copper embossing powder, practiced a few techniques over an hour and this is the finished product. The sketch is taken from today's Mojo Monday 105 sketch to use circle punches for the bottom 2 borders of your card. These were different designer papers punches and then sprayed with the pearl ex powders for a little glimmer. Satin ribbon was tied around the base of the first row to hide the tops of the circles. Copper SU paper was embossed with the" finial press"and tiny gold rhinestones added for accent. I love this look in person, even though it is difficult to capture on photograph all the subtle shimmer. You can always click on the card for a larger image.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!!

8 comments:

  1. Copper is my favorite metallic color. I have some Pearl Ex, but haven't been too sucessful using it. You did great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one Tracey to another...beautiful...love the colors, my favorite. Love your blog music too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant Copper Card! Just so unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci this is so pretty. WOW I am loving those colors for fall. I think your paper is perfect for this stamp set. It is still so warm here it is hard to imagine fall yet. You changed your blog..I LOVE it. Super job girlfriend. Hope your weekend was great...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this it almost looks like leather...and your site was playing my favorite song! It made me cry, "Breath" it is so beautiful. Praise Him! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci,

    This is gorgeous! I love the way it turned out!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci that's so pretty. I am such a big fan of brown, it is one of my favorite colors, especially combined with copper as you did here. All the little scalloped shapes at the bottom and your use of brads, what a pretty creation. Makes me want to go for a walk and crunch some leaves and acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH beautiful! All the metallic really gives it such elegance!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!