Saturday, June 20, 2009

Feathered Hope for Father's Day


Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. I always have a difficult time with masculine cards, but I know my own Dad appreciates my efforts in watercoloring, so I watercolored this old favorite image with watercolor crayons. I mounted it on copper paper, then added some irridescent beads in blues, golds and copper to dress it up a bit. I don't know the name of this fold, but I like it for small images. The copper flap opens up and the paper underneath folds down to reveal an inside mount that is just small enough to write a little note or sentiment. It also works pretty well as an easel card.
My own Dad has had a rough year and has come through with perseverance and added character. I wanted to make something a little more special to honor him this year.
Thanks for stopping by today~

4 comments:

  1. he will love it because it is beautiful AND because it was made just for HIM by YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Traci. I love your water coloring...just beautiful! I'm sure he will love it. Sweet Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I left you a comment here! I musta not processed it all the way, I'm a dork!

    Anyway, I love the new look of your blog Traci! Its so cool...you should leave this, it looks awesome! And I love, love, love, Cat Stevens! I love coming to your blog for the beatiful cards, beautiful decorations and beautiful music!

    I love this card for your dad. How wonderful that you made something so special for him. Your parents have had a heck of a year! This will give him warm fuzzies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So rich and beautiful, Traci! I bet your dad loved it. I hope both of your parents are getting along okay.
    I didn't know you were going to California, you lucky girl. Are you meeting up with any SCSers while there?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!