Sunday, April 29, 2012

Daffodils for Mom!


Today is our Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge...this week MariLynn is our lovely hostess!
The scripture reference is:

Jeremiah 17:8

"Those who trust in the Lord shall be like a tree planted by water sending out its roots by the stream. It shall not fear when heat comes, and its leaves shall stay green. In the year of drought it is not anxious, and it does not cease to bear fruit."
The challenge: Use our green thumbs, either use green on a card/project or use an image of something planted.

This week's sponsor: DRS Designs gave each of the DT a choice of stamp for our cards today.
A $10.00 gift certificate is this week's prize for one fortunate winner!

For my card, I chose this DRS framed Daffodil stamp ...it is a growing thing and my Mom likes them as much as I do! I paired it with some pretty green solid paper and designer paper, Flourishes custom die (keyhole), Basic Grey designer rhinestones, PTI mixed messages for the sentiment, and two embossing folders.
Make a trip over to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog to read this week's devotional and be inspired and encouraged by the DT cards!
This is not a verse I am familiar with...but isn't it amazing how God's word comes alive when we meditate on it? I feel I have been in a bit of a spiritual drought in the last year or so...in a period of feeling dry, a little out of my element as a mother and wife, unsure of my place in this world as my daughter is graduating college and moving on to a career in the big corporate world.... will I be able to impart anything of value to her, and if I do, will she listen?) I admit to feeling a little anxiety with a lot of unknowns...and yet this verse says to not cease to bear fruit. I think I need a bit of fertilizer if I'm going to keep producing...maybe sinking my roots a little deeper ...soaking up some of that fresh rain of His word, and looking upward to the sun of His face illuminating my days.  The "empty nest" is a transition for me...although our daughters have not lived at home for four years, they have been nearby...and now another stretch for me as my arms grow ever longer to reach across the threshold of change and find new ways to "bear fruit" as I am called to do! Lord, help me to be willing and please equip me for what is ahead and not be anxious.
Thanks so much for coming by...wishing you a blessed week!

9 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Traci..beautiful embossing and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card - the bright colors and it appears we both like daffodils! Thanks for sharing too - I can relate to "being out of place" when I am not completely one with the Lord. Have a wonderful week Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Traci *Ü* Lovely card--I really like this image and your light springy colors. Hope you have a better week -- we're so blessed to have you on this team of sisters. Thank you for your sweet gentle spirit and all you bring to this group. Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring!!! Love your card, Traci. Great touches with the embossed layer and cut out arch. I know your mom will be thrilled with it. (WOW...MD is coming up...better get with it!) Understand the transition to and even "emptier" nest. When the boys were 20 minutes away it was great. I miss Jeff...but at least Matt is nearby, so I still get to "mother" a little...when he allows it! I'll be praying for you this week...be refreshed in Christ, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so encouraging, and this really was a blessing to me today. Thanks for sharing it, and I really would love to have you link up with us at Word Art Wednesday. We're always blessed when you share your work with us. Thanks for being a blessing!
    Hope to see you soon, and have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Karen L
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Traci - what a pretty card - I love your beautifully coloured image! I am hearing you with your Mother's Heart - life always brings challenges, but God aleways brings comfort and strength - I am praying for you Sistah! You are such a b lessing - thank you! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci this is a beautiful card! I love the embossed panels and layers they really show off the daffodils perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a stunner.....so much eye candy......lovely. soft, and yet very dramatic

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card. I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!