Sunday, May 6, 2012

Organic it Is!



Good Sunday morning!
Before I get to today's challenge, I wanted to let you know that we have six new design team "sisters' on our blog debuting today. We have already been busy getting to know each other, and this is such a blessing to have us all on a team together. So I hope you will visit the blog this week and give them a nice welcome! All of the Design team blogs are featured on my sidebar also!
Today our wonderful  Stampin' Sisters in Christ sister, Miesje, is challenging us to make a card using natural materials. (Twine, seashells, sand, burlap, sticks...etc...). I had bought a large burlap spool of ribbon last Christmas, so decided to use it as the backdrop of this image. This was the third or fourth attempt at a card, and after a mishap involving a dozen or more "flying ink pads," this is what you get. That is what I get for trying to keep it simple!
Our verse this week is:
1 John 2:4-6
"Whoever says, 'I know him," but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps his word, the love of God is truly perfected in him."

I don't have a lot to add to this already packed scripture. It speaks for itself. I know some people say they believe in God, yet they do not read their bible or make it a priority to learn his commands. How can you "know" someone that you don't have time for? How can you say you love God, and yet continue to live your life as though you are your own God? God's word is so amazing...as many years as I have been privileged to sit in a bible study...it is always fresh, new, and the applications are there for me in my situation in my life today!! No one likes to be called a "liar," that is such a strong word...but John is saying that is what we are if we say we know him, yet don't obey him. Love and obedience always go hand in hand. An authentic Christian follower will always be evidenced by their love for God and his word, and their desire to obey him. It does not mean we do not disobey at times, but the pattern of our life is one of wanting to know God and follow Him above all else!
The challenge sponsor this week is : Our Daily Bread Designs~a 15.00 gift credit.
My sentiment on this card is from ODBD, I love their fonts and beautiful scripture selections!
Thanks so much  for stopping in...I can't say I love this card, but it uses natural elements, and looks like it will be a good fit for a male sympathy card.

15 comments:

  1. I love this card - the colors are lovely as a backdrop to the flowers - so unique and perfect. The burlap added a wonderful element to it too. Maybe you can't say it but I can - I love this card! Have a great week Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Traci *Ü* I think this works really nicely for a male sympathy card! The burlap is really awesome, and so is your varrying colors of sky. Hope you have a nice week ahead. Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Traci! Sorry it took so many attempts but I like the end result. Reminds me of the banners they used in church when I was a child. Pretty sunset colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is great, Traci. I almost bought some burlap ribbon not long ago and didn't. I should have--it looks fabulous on your card. I like it as a mat for the main piece as you've used it. I also appreciate your additional thoughts as always. Your heart shows in everything you do and it is most pleasing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci, this is gorgeous. I love how the sky looks on behind your flowers and I love the texture of the burlap. I hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Traci! Love your card! The sponging looks beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol....flying inkpads? too funny!! But, that's not why I'm here. Your comments on the verse are so true and what I truly believe. We live in an area that has many "Christians" but few who truly follow the Lord and desire to seek Him. Thank you for confirming what my husband and I believe to be true.
    God bless,
    Michelle
    (Great card btw) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous...love the use of the fibers.....really adds dimensionality.....sorry I have been MIA....besides computer issues, I just don't seem to have a lot of blogging time.....but tonight is the start of me trying to keep in touch better.....I feel like I am out of the loop with you and others....hope all is well and that you are enjoying the birth of spring.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello traci - your card is perfect - love the burlap!! You made me snile about the flying Ink Pads - that sort of thing usually happens to me! LOL! Your words are so very true Traci - the Bible says that you will know a Christian by their 'fruit'! God bless you richly Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Traci, Your card is lovely! It is elegant and simple and very artistic! I love that sentiment and the colors behind the flowers. That makes me think of a rainbow and God's promises! I so agree with all you said about truly knowing God, loving and obeying Him.
    And flying ink pads?...I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card, Traci! I love your multi-colored background behind the beautiful floral image! This is the perfect encouragement card!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very natural Traci! So pretty, The background reminds me of a sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so pretty, wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love the colors, clean design and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Traci! Love this card! Perfect for the challenge! I missed you this week and wanted to just stop and say hi and let you know I'm thinking about you!!!

    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!