Sunday, April 22, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge



Today's verse for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge is chosen by the Lovely Linda!
The scripture:

Psalm 119:105

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

The challenge: Make a card/project using a soft color palette.
The sponsor: Inspired Stamps~thank you!

The verse on my card is actually a digital image from Inspired Stamps...along with that pretty vine border~! I don't dabble in digital at all; so needed some help from my husband with this...it isn't exactly what I had planned in my head! How often does that happen? The silhouettes are from another stamp company, I embossed those to dress up the other panel. These colors are Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder from SU!, and three silver pearls and some silver swirls were added.
I know Linda will have a wonderful devotions to accompany this week's challenge, so I encourage you to visit the SSiC blog to read and view the rest of teh DT's creations!
Thanks so much for stopping in and wishing you a wonderful, restful, worship-ful Sunday!!

9 comments:

  1. Morning Traci *Ü* Beautiful card and I so love this verse... especially the last part "dwell in safety." So comforting to know we have a safe spot to go when Satan continually tries to tear things apart. I love the calmness of your sillouette flowers. Hope you have a blessed week! Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Traci! I really like this card. Your colors are so soft and pretty. I know what you mean about a card not always looking like you think it will look. I personally think yours is terrific! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! The verse, the paper and images all give the feeling of peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this card so much better than mine! :) Makes me smile, it is so elegant! You did a great job with the digital stamp use! Wishing you a very blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci, this is a beautiful card! You did a great job with the digital stamp and I love the silhouette flowers...they are just the right touch, and enhance the verse, not distract from it. I love the colors. Hope all is well...just felt the urge to pray for you while I was here! May God meet your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci this is beautiful. I love the verse. It is one I have not heard before. The silhouette stamps really compliment your card. Love the color purple too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Traci - I love your digi image and the way you have incorporated the embossed image! The Paper is a gorgeous colour - love it! BTW - you nailed it with the Digi!! :) {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great layout.....love the silhouetted blooms and how they carry from one layer to the other....gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!