Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Motherly Love Challenge FLLCAPR12




There is a new Flourishes release at the Flourishes Blog this week! That means a new challenge and opportunity to win all of the release sets! The challenge was to make a birthday or Mother's day or any kind of card honoring  your Mother. Yesterday was my Mom's birthday and this is one of the cards I made.  I hope to make a Mother's Day card later this week also!
I used my Designer paper and had some fun pairing up two different kind of ribbons for this challenge. The sentiment is from Flourishes and I just used the box already on the beautiful paper. The ribbon is Flourishes' pink silk by May Arts and also some pink striped ticking I found here locally. The two shades of pink pair well with the two-tone pink flowers found on the paper also. I used three prima flowers and some twine treatment on top of the ribbon for added embellishment.

My mom is such a special woman in my life and I am happy to report that she is home from the nursing home now. As some of you may remember, it was very traumatic for all of us when she admitted herself after the home health care dropped her suddenly last May. After seven months, she is home again and of course, our hope and prayer is she will be able to stay as long as they can arrange to have daily help. I can only attribute my Mom being home to my Dad's diligent persistence and even more so, every one's prayers to this effect. God has been so very gracious to allow her this time home once again. I am in awe of all He has done for them! Living so far away; the stress of her and my Dad's well-being has been overwhelming at times this past year or so...so I am so thankful for this respite for all of us!

6 comments:

  1. Such pretty ribbons and accents Traci, lovely use of these papers too!

    Sounds like they've really been through a lot lately, it's so good to hear that she is home again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Traci! This is wonderful, great way to use the paper and those flowers are beautiful. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Traci..Wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love this card. What beautiful colors and design. I love dress forms and so perfect for my mother too. She made practically all my clothes and I loved each and every one of them. What a gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. Love the images and the gorgeuous bow and embellishments. Your cards alway look so feminine. I've had lots of issues with commenting on your blog for months but I drop in to see what you up to every now and again. Love your work, I'm glad you got the help you need for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness the comment actually worked!! Love the updated blog banner too. Very pretty and very you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!