Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Bunnies Shaker Card

My first shaker card!


Good morning! Today is Sunday and the beginning of a new week and new challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! You may visit our blog to read today's devotional written by my friend, Peggysue, and view the wonderful and creative DT submissions for this week's challenge.
Today's verse is:
Luke 15:20 
 So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

Today's challenge: Make a card with motion, or an interactive card; spinner, viewmaster, pop up, slider, gel, etc.

This week's prize sponsors is a  10.00 valued gift package from Pizzazz Aplenty!!

Can you believe I have never made a shaker card? Since it is spring, and I have had this adorable stamp for a long time and not used it, I decided this might be the best time to try it out. The oval frame was an aha! moment when I realized it made into the shape of an egg, so this is great for an Easter card as well. I added pink seed beads because that is what I had, and I didn't want to go buy anything. They look so pretty in real life, all springy and remind me of that pink Easter grass found in Easter baskets now.
I still like to give our daughters an Easter card and some type of Easter basket, even though they are grown up. Sometimes I think they are embarrassed because they are too "old" for that, and it is always a challenge due to the forever dieting. But some friends have recently encouraged me not to stop...so I need to get to making one soon!!
Do any of you do Easter baskets and if so, what do you like to put in them?
I have a little project that I finished up today of something I am going to add to their baskets...so stay tuned!
I am looking forward to reading today's devotional and worship at church tomorrow.
This week is very full in anticipation and celebration of Easter Sunday! I wish all of you a blessed week as you consider the sacrifice Christ made on our behalf on the cross. It is the pivotal point of history that separates Christianity from every other religion.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Traci! Your card is the most ADORABLE - I just love those bunny rabbits (we have 2 in our backyard--the girls' pets) and your pretty pink beads! It's been quite a while since I've made one of these. So fun. And... GOOD 4 YOU making Easter special for your grown daughters! We were just talking about that today and Maddy (age 11) was asking if we were going to hide eggs for them this year and I said, "I think you girls are getting too old for that!" ... but now that I think of it, if they WANT to continue doing it we should do it. They know the real meaning of Resurrection Sunday, so it's not like we're over-shadowing it. You've just inspired me to make it more special for my girls ... for as long as I can. THANKS!!

    Hope your week brings you lovely blessings and relaxation. Hope your hubby's continually healing well too! Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Easter shaker card is BEAUTIFUL, Traci!! Your coloring is magnificent. I think it is sweet that you still give your daughters Easter baskets. You may think it embarrasses them, but, trust me, deep down they love it and the fact that you do it will always be wonderful memories for them. Easter blessings to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now who would shake these poor sweet bunnies and make them crazy? lol This is beautifully sweet Traci! Colored wonderfully and so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing the surprise you have planned for the baskets! The older kids who live far away told me not to send them anything this time, so I'm not going to . . . now I'm wondering if I've made a mistake. But I did get some things for youngest DD's basket, a challenge because she doesn't like chocolate! This is so sweet, and love the shaker shape and the seed beads inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is darling, Traci! I love it. The image is so precious and I love the micro beads for the shaker card...love them in pink too. I really appreciate your thoughts too on the devotional part of the challenge...especially the last sentence of the post. Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you stopped, your daughters would be disappointed and wonder what was wrong. I quit making my son's birthday cards for a while because I thought I could buy humorous cards he'd like better. One day he commented on how I make everyone else birthday cards, but not for him. I could see in his expression that he was somewhat hurt by that. Well, you can guess he gets cards for every occasion from me now. Traci, this is so very pretty and you did such a beautiful job on the coloring. I love the pink beads. They make it perfect for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Traci - your card is gorgeous - I love the micro beads and would never have thought if using them! Divine details! I am sure your daughters love the baskets and would miss them if you stopped! Happy Easter to you and your family Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traci, thanks for the wonderful comments on my shaker card for SSIC and yours is adorable, I love that bunny stamp from Flourishes and you made a fabulous card with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!