Friday, August 21, 2009

Wouldn't you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?



I don't know how many of you remember that song, "Wouldn't you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?..." but that is what this card reminds me of. After receiving this Everyday Bitty Buttons set from Papertrey Ink, I have been busy in my stamp room pairing these balloons with the designer Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers, buttons, and ribbons, and of course, scallops...so much fun!!
This was mounted on three of the square scalloped nestability dies. The sky was sponged in bashful blue on a very quick makeshift cloud template because I couldn't find my good one. Then I found two of the PT buttons with little speckles on them, so glued them down with my latest discovery: Allene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue!! I read about it on Sharon's blog (notimetostamp) and the price was right...mine was 3.49 for a package of 5 at my Hobby Store. This stuff grabs hold and doesn't let go, doesn't ooze out the sides, and is quick drying.
Oh, and one more quick tip, the butterfly didn't quite go with the melon in my solid paper, so I just grabbed a copic marker with a hint of orange and outlined the butterfly in the left hand upper corner, and there ya have it!! Hope you enjoy this happy card, and thanks to my friend, Peggysue, for providing the single blue mist button that provided the inspiration for this card.
Friends really do give friends a lift, even in the form of buttons!!

5 comments:

  1. I now have that song going in my head.....what a beauty of a card you have here....so delightful and fresh......also loving your little creative hints...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Traci...I just got my PTI bitton set today and can't wait to play with it tomorrow...thanks for the inspiration!!!! BTW, you have a beautiful blog...love all the gorgeous daisies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay you need to have that song playing on your favorites. . .I remember that song from when I was a girl. I loved it then, still a pretty song. An even prettier card and there you are just 'grabbing' a copic marker and doing amazing things with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, this is wonderful!!! Love this set. It is on my wishlist!!! Great looking card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The buttons are da bomb as balloons! Hee! I love this sweet little card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!