Saturday, August 8, 2009

Feathered Friends




Thanks for joining me on a Saturday afternoon! Today's card is my inspiration found on SCS's Inspiration Challenge using Bellacor Vases as your starting point. I love the deep rich colors of this vase found at the top of this post next to my card.


I combined this with Sharon Johnson's (notimetostamp) weekly challenge to make a card for a friend, and it had to have the word "friend" on the card. This is Sharon Johnson's 99th week of challenges, which means next week will be a big one. To see the excitement, visit her blog, found on my sidebar.

This image is from a favorite set of mine, "Feathered Hope" and was stamped on watercolor paper, watercolored with WC crayons then cut out with the oval nestabilities. Before removing the die, I added some yellow ink to brighten up the birds. The birds were matted with Always Artichoke. The chocolate chip mat was embossed on one side with the Cuttlebug strips, it went perfectly with the leaves in the stamps. These were rubbed with Encore Gold metallic ink to highlight, along with the sides of the brown base. Second layer was really rust, then Papertrey's Rustic white cardstock, which gives a nice flecked card inside for writing. The green gingham ribbon is from May Arts, I believe. Three gold dome pearls were added on each side of the ovals.

I love bird stamps, and watercoloring, and have missed both...so hope you like this. Thanks for popping in, and I would love to read your comments.
Hope you get a chance to stamp soon, can't wait to see what you make!!

5 comments:

  1. I don't like it....I LOVE IT.....it is so sweet.....a real natural beauty.....and love that you made it using fav images and techniques......enjoy your evening, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors, always a sucker for gold metallic and brown and rust, Fall is my favorite season. And I like the bird image. . . a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet!! I love this card. Have to admit I am very fond of bird stamps myself.

    Psssst!! I have given you an award. Make sure you check it ou on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci this is so pretty. I love watercoloring. I do not do it enough. I haven't pulled out my watercolor crayons in forever. I too love bird stamps. This turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty. The birds are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!