Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tea at Botanical Gardens in Dublin

TE
The other day our daughter told me after taking out the boat that the local reservoir (normally a dry arid place) looked "just like Ireland, it was so green!" That made me giggle, she has never been to Ireland and neither have I, but today I get to go and meet the other Tea Partiers at the Botanical Gardens!! Oh, and did I mention Dublin? Someday I'd like to go there for a real visit, but for today, it's an imaginary trip where you are only limited by your imagination. And the nice thing is, no jet lag!!
It is Tuesday's Teapot Challenge at Mothermark's Blog...and this was my card I made in honor of the big day!
You can see the teapot challenge here on Cindy (Mothermark's) blog:
This was a piece of vellum cardstock run through the Birds and Vines Embossing folder paired with a single Inkadinkadoo stamp that I just love...only in the photograph the coloring looks much darker, but the card has very subtle pastels in real life. The vellum was flipped to the reverse side and lightly gone over with mellow moss, barely banana, regal rose, and almost amethyst. I framed the tree in three ovals using barely banana and mellow moss. Then added some tiny Kaiser pearls and a white taffeta ribbon bow at the base. I've never seen a pink bird, but this is make-believe and I kinda like it!
Thanks for stopping by and you know we are having tea, and it is on the terrace today overlooking the rose gardens!!

3 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful Traci. It would be so fun to visit Ireland. My hubby has been there and he said it is the greenest place he has ever seen. We just have red dirt and brown grass here...Super job on your teapot card.
    Dawn
    P.S. I keep forgetting to telly you that my sunburn turned to tan. Thank goodness. I looked like a lobster. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the deeelish crumpets....I needed some sweets tonight as it was a sour day.

    However, I couldn't help but generate a smile at your truly elegant take on the teapot challenge.....wonderful

    Thanks for the smile and the crumpets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a sweet card! I am giggling with you. Is Erin the dork who thinks it looks like Ireland, even though she's never gone? That made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!