Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Life's a Beach



Today is the sketch challenge on SCS, and I decided since I just received this set, Beach Life, from Flourishes, to try it out.

The technique used for the beach/sky scene is called "Smackin Acetate" and is found here:
http://stamptv.ning.com/ This site has been very helpful with learning new techniques, and is called StampTV with Gina K!

I tried this with copics and spraying with rubbing alcohol which has worked in the past, but it didn't this time...so I switched to regular SU markers, and even though my supply is limited, it did what I needed it to do and we have a psychedelic sunset...which I kinda like. So much for serene, this is one bright card...but it does remind me of the sunsets on the beach...I just couldn't get the shoreline to cooperate...so that will be more practice for another day!
Oh there is a boat out there, see it?

Thanks for stopping by and I have a Bahama Mama in the blender...ask my good friend from Cuba, she can tell you what's in it...but it's guaranteed to soothe the mind if it doesn't put you under the table first. The drink reminds me of this sunset, it's colorful and full of lots of Caribbean flavor!I always ask to make mine "light."

7 comments:

  1. Hi Traci! Wow! You really smacked some prettiness into that card! I love it! Very pretty sunset and makes me want to go on vacation again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, that's soo pretty. I love how that smackin' acetate turned out. Neat card...sure reminds me of a Bahama Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know....you could frame this pic it is so artsy and fabulous....had to come take a second look.....really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous! I'm glad you pointed out that little boat. It's so sweet.

    Here comes the sun is playing on your list. I'm pretty sure the sun has already come for good to South Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this image. It reminds me of when we are out on the lake and the sun is starting to set. That is about the time this gal is hanging on to the side saying "okay we need to go in now" LOL. This is beautiful. I love the sunset. It just sizzles in this picture. Really great job Traci...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one lovely sunset you've created. Is it after you've had the Bahama Mama that you get into the smackin' acetate? Does it make smackin' easier? I like your take on the sketch, and this is a great technique you've learned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Traci the colors in this are so pretty! What a beautiful summery card! I am so far behind in your blog! You have loaded up some awesome stuff....off to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!