Friday, June 21, 2013

Call Me, Don't Mean Maybe!!


Hi there! This is one of the other sets in last month's Flourishes release that I happily won, "Call Me,"...and wanted to use this cute little phone with this week's The Deconstructed Sketch to submit another card for this week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #225 to use "Scallops." My circle mat is scalloped, along with the bottom edge of my middle panel, which unfortunately is covered up by part of the center pennant panel. But it is there!
This was a fun little image to color up to suit your tastes. When I was a young , probably 8 or 9, I received the cutest "play phone set" that had an actual ring tone and red light that lit up when someone called from the other line. They were connected with wires and ran on batteries, I imagine...and since I had no sisters to play with, I spent hours playing "secretary" on my play phone. I became pretty proficient at taking messages, but not sure who was on the other end to receive them!
Now that our oldest daughter moved to New York, which I found out using one of those hand phone apps is over 1,500 miles away...I will probably spend a little more time on the phone! This card will go to her. Thanks for stopping by. What's going on with you?
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

6 comments:

  1. How cute! I love all the cheery colors on this card--especially the red phone. Remember when a red phone signified a "hot line" in the tv shows? :) I kind of miss the days of the simple old-fashioned telephone sometimes. I'm glad you are enjoying your Flourishes stamps and could play along with us again in the Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute Traci, and so trendy using that song title. :) Happy to have some time in my schedule again to go visit a few blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Traci! Great use of the sketch and I love how you added in your scallops. Thanks for playing along with our scallops challenge for Flourishes' "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" this week!
    Ally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, congratulations on your big win! It was a great release, too! I thought this stamp set was so darn cute. I'd be a lot more impulsive about buying stamps if it wasn't for postage. If only they were sold locally... I might have to talk to someone about that. Well, anyway, you've made a super cute card. I love the plaid ribbon and the color contrasts. There's another release coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee hee Fun title, this is darling and great colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!