Thursday, June 13, 2013

Flourishes Textures of Nature Challenge FLLCJUNE13

This week summer hit my home state of Colorado with nary a Popsicle in sight...hot and windy with two days of record setting temperatures. Being outdoors right now is not something I want to do until around 9 o'clock in the evenings. Sun and dry temperatures have started another string of wild fires, none of which are near us, thankfully!
So it is good weather to stay indoors and play along with this month's new release Challenge at Flourishes: Textures of Nature.
My card used designer paper for the flowers in the corner and the library card...it is all one piece. The stamp of the little girl watering the flowers was added to the paper.  The sentiment and stamp are Flourishes, the touch of nature is the wood grain designer paper and the wood butterfly which I accented with three tiny rhinestones. The gorgeous ribbon is hand dyed and a gift from my dear friend, Diane Noble.
I have been doing a lot of watering our flowering pots this week...and I have one pot of basil that I hope to see flourish a lot soon!
Speaking of nature,right out the back door of my parent's home in Grand Junction (the western slope of Colorado) is the Colorado National Monument. You can see some of these rock formations as you look from their yard. My girls went hiking there the weekend of my Mom's memorial service at the house.

Sister solidarity!! I love this picture. Our daughter, Caitlyn, on the right...just moved to Saratoga Springs, New York two days ago. I miss her already. Our youngest, Erin and I plan to visit her in two short weeks.
Thanks for popping in...always appreciate hearing from you and what is new in your corner of the world.












8 comments:

  1. So glad the fires are not near your home and stay in where its nice and cool. Your card is simply darling! I like the soft springy feel and beautiful design.
    As for your DD on the ledge there... made my stomach flip flop just THINKING about sitting on the edge. ugh... You have a brave daughter. Hopefully you get to travel and see her soon. hugs....
    Thanks for playing in Flourishes Textures challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! That's a Beautiful card and design you have!! I simply can't get over how wonderful and pretty your image is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci, this is one of my favorite Flourishes stamps; there's just something so endearing about this little girl watering her posies! I love the papers you chose, too! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci - that library card is so perfect as a stamping spot for this little girl. Beautifully done, so sweet and feminine. What a fun picture of your girls too.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brand track, so glad you found time to play along this week.
    The wood pieces are firm Michaels, recollection brand.
    Love the card, just live how easily flourishes stamps can be used in so many ways. They just stand alone beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci, this is darlin'...such a sweet card! The added wooden DP is a great touch! Thanks for joining us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet creation. I love the darling little butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Flourishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one, the paper is so pretty and I like the silhouette image in blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!