Monday, June 3, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch!

I have been on a CAS spree this past weekend...making several cards and having fun trying out ink color combinations. I saw this sketch challenge on a friend's blog and decided to try out this sketch to move the process along:

I needed a little boy's birthday card...and realized I have no little kiddo stamps. I guess that is because I don't have any little kiddos in my life...my daughter needs to get married and fix that! :) But anyways, I had ordered this Stylish Sentiments Birthday set from Papertrey Ink and found one of the stamps in the set  works well for a child's card. So thanks to the sketch inspiration and a few banners from the MME Six by Six paper collection, and one single Bobunny brad with a star (thanks to a gift from a friend,) I was able to make this card:
And like the card says, "Yay!" I made a card! Thanks for looking...this is not  my usual style, but I really like the design...the repeated star from the brad and border on the right to carry out the celebratory theme!
And it was pretty easy...the hardest part was picking out the color scheme and papers!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

4 comments:

  1. Mine didnt turn out nearly as nice for this sketch. That's a great birthday card, could be used for almost anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great font on this stamp Traci! SO cute with the little banners too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Traci! I really love this sweet and simple card with the awesome colors and great design. I've always been a BIG fan of your work, and want you to know how VERY grateful I am to have you share your talents with us by playing along in our challenge. Hope all is well with you, and thanks SO MUCH for participating this week. It's such a blessing to me.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, this is a perfect little boy's birthday card! I really like this particular sketch, especially with the designer papers. The sentiment is great! I need a one year old boy birthday card. I haven't a clue what I'm going to do with the supplies I have on hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!