Wednesday, June 5, 2013

CASEing, Take One and Two!

So what do you do when life has put you on a bit of stamping "hold" and you miss it but have no idea how to get back into it? Like most of you, I head over to my Pinterest stamping boards and find a card that speaks to me and looks somewhat attainable to my skill level and then CASE! I do try to remember to go back on their blog and leave a comment, too!
So this first card is my attempt inspired by one I fell in love with from Silke Ledlow's blog, "My Life." This is another stamp set that hadn't seen much ink yet, Papertrey Ink "Life," and the sentiment is PTI Mega Giga Guidelines.
I always love Silke's use of white space, design, and scored backgrounds. The only change I made to her original card is the addition of the crochet lace and ink colors. Inks used: Poppy Parade, Regal Rose and Pool Party.
So with that card done, I became more adventurous and tried out another combination of inks and changed up the top corner a bit...
Inks used: SU! Cameo Coral, Island Indigo, and Baja Breeze.
And then I wanted to add a faith sentiment  to my card but use the same PTI Life background floral. This card's scripture is from the PTI "Everyday Blessings" set.
The above card was made by using my favorite technique, spritzing an inked stamp and stamping on watercolor paper...the paper has a lot of texture and softens the images. I added a jeweled rhinestone for a little sparkle and interest. Colors: Island Indigo and Sahara Sand, and the sentiment stamped in Memento Cocoa ink.
Before I was done, I had six cards created...all from one design with slight variations. When my husband came up it was a bit past dinner time, the ink pads were all stacked in a colorful array on my desk, and like a little kid, I proudly showed him my "Just Because" cards and said, "I can send this to anybody, just because." To which he replied. "That's good. Now I am going to go heat up some dinner...Just Because...I am hungry." And then we both chuckled...
Guess my experimentation went a little long...but it was refreshing to my spirit to see all the rainbows of colors and inks. Therapeutic and not a time waster at all!
Hope to see you soon...thanks so much for dropping in!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when you stamp, Traci, and it's wonderful to find so much inspiration so close at hand. My most recent card was made from a sketch I came upon when browsing Pinterest. I'm in awe of some of the cards I see there! You have made a beautiful collection here, and, yes, stamping is therapeutic and not in the least a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous. I love the white space and your scoring. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!