Saturday, December 2, 2017

Christmas~Making a Scene

I have been busily stamping for the week up until this past week. Then suddenly, everything had to come to a halt...as our Beulah had to have her TPLO (Taibial-plateau-leveling osteotomy) surgery. This type of surgery is done after a torn, or in our dog's case, a partial tear of the cruiate ligament (ACL) in dogs to stabilize the joint.  We had tried everything to avoid that, including a month long rehabilitation at our Colorado State University Vet Hospital. But we went in this Tuesday for a meeting and the outcome was next day surgery. Not what you want to do the month of December for sure...or any time! But,she is doing pretty well, very sedated and still limping. I won't post a picture just yet as it isn't pretty. But she is tolerating her cone much better than the last time she had surgery. I just feel so badly as animals don't understand and I wonder if she feels somehow betrayed by us.
Which is why I have to get lost in stamping once in awhile. It is a wonderful escape...especially with the scenes you can make with this new to me stamp set by Papertrey Ink. I spent a lot of time one day just stamping out all the components of the two houses and one church in the set...along with fences, mailboxes, snowy trees! This particular scene was one I pretty much copied from Mary Beth. You can find her inspirational blog here.
My brother is a postal carrier...so I wanted to use the mailbox and added a pretty red cardinal perched on the top!
I had a lot of fun making this card! The trees are all different shades of green...the roof has a snowy glittered cap on top...and a few snow drifts make it even more idyllic. The sentiment color is muted, keeping with the dreamy scene. I love the white linen card stock PTI carries...it has a wonderful subtle texture.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back sharing some of the cards I've been making soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!