Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Snow Kissed Stocking~

Hi friends! Just a quick post here. These past few days the South and East were hit by unprecedented snow...in places like Texas and Atlanta, Georgia, Alabama, and such! Which makes this post even more newsworthy as we live in Colorado...and no snow in sight! We've had 60 degree weather, setting records and actually...I am kind of glad. Because I am planning on a drive over the mountain passes to see my elderly Dad. It's a trip I've often had to cancel as the roads can be bad. And I'm planning on leaving in just a few days. So...here is my nod to snow...
I saw this pretty Christmas~y paper, "Birds and Berries," on Stacy's blog and really loved it. So I bought it...the only purchase of paper I've made for Christmas.
I used the Power Poppy newly released set , "Snow Kissed." It has some darling images! I made this stocking late at night...deciding to stamp it directly on the pink designer paper...and didn't really love it at first. I almost threw it out...but then decided to fussy cut it and added some glitter...and then figured out a die cut to make it stand out a bit more. Now...I really like it...whew! I really don't like to throw things out.

The image was stamped in Momento Gray which gave it a very soft feel. Colored with copic makers...then used ovals and two pieces of the pretty designer paper to mat. A gold tinsel bow was added to the top. The glitter added a lot...but you can't see it too well in this photo! Also, each of the ovals and the stocking were mounted in dimensional tape...so there is a lot of depth to this card!
Thanks so much for stopping in! Do you have any snow in your part of the country?

2 comments:

  1. I love how beautifully soft this is Traci, and paired with that paper its so inviting! Blessings on your new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this paper awesome! Your stocking is perfect, so sweet and pretty all hung in the center. I like the stitched like border to match. Hopefully you were able to make your trip to see your dad. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!