Friday, December 16, 2016

Ho~Ho~Go!! Power Poppy Action Santa!

Hi friends...hope you're not feeling too frenzied or rushed right now. Every year I try to make a card for both of our daughters. Sometimes it is cute, or a fun shaker card, defininitely something a bit more special than the generic card.
When I saw the "Action Santa" Marcella Hawley designed for this year's Power Poppy Christmas release...I immediately thought of our youngest daughter who is always on the go and has wanted a Vespa scooter for awhile now. Not that we're getting her one...Ha! But she likes to get around...and boy does she! She has traveled  more countries than I ever will...and has spent 6 months in Singapore/China/Thailand and other areas with her career. And she has no fear. Anyway...as a Mom I say a lot of prayers on her behalf. I know God honors our prayers and I am so thankful I can lift up others to Christ when I am anxious or concerned and those I love are too far away to be of any help.
So isn't this the cutest?
This is Erin and her puppy, Walter taken last winter. He is too big to carry now...but the sweetest large animal I have ever known. Besides my dog.
So my card is for her:
She likes plaid (as seen in her vest above.) So I thought this festive Christmas red plaid was a good backdrop...then a blue with embossed snowflakes, topped with the Santa image. A Spellbinders dainty snowflake in Shimmer white and a red sparklette are the embellishments.
Here's a little close-up of Santa:
I will admit, this took me a long time to color. I am not fast by any means...but I am getting better over the years and Power Poppy images are my favorite to color because of the exquisite detail and vintage feel to so many of the images.
Thank you so much for indulging me another card and hope you have a wonderful day!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

3 comments:

  1. ACk... I bet she can't pick him up now, he looks huge there. what a cutie pie... you just want to hug him. She is very pretty herself. :-) Your card is awesome! I like the snowflake textures, awesome coloring to boot! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Traci, I wish you a blessed Christmas! I absolutely love Walter and your daughter...how adorable. And what an amazing card for your daughter...it's beautifully colored with a fabulous layout! And I love the embossing, the snowflakes, and especially the plaid (I'm of Scottish descent, so tartans are in my blood...hehe). Beautifully done, sweet friend, and your coloring is fabulous! Hugs, and a blessed day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci, I didn't realize it had been so long since I visited. Time just rushes by! Your Erin is a girl after my own heart with her big fluffy Walter. I remember when she got him. I love your card with the plaid and the snowflake-embossed background. One of my favorite PP Christmas stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!