Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas Card for Dad~Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

I love making Christmas cards. I do...and I probably spend too much time on it...but I like making miniature works of art, or if art doesn't qualify...at least it's from the heart. But every year, I still make my annual trip to Hallmark and get a big beautiful card for my Dad as I know how much it means to him...and making a card never seems like it's enough.
But this year I was inspired by Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.
I haven't participated in this particular challenge before, but I do love the Simon Says Stamp store and am always inspired by their designers. The first image reminded me of a deer stamp I've had for a few years (now retired)...and the card grew from there. Even though it is very feminine...it is from me to my Dad and I hope he will enjoy it.
The image was stamped on shimmery cream paper in Gold Encore ink which gives it such an ethereal dreamy effect. I had some Stampin Up paper pack with the music and lyrics from "Silent Night" which was used on the background. I added a scalloped note card background, offsetting the scallops (die from PTI), then added the Prima Poinsettia and some cream crochet lace. 
Thank you for looking and hope you were a bit inspired today! 
I am sharing this card on a wonderful blog, WordArtWednesday too! Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Traci! The image is lovely & your poinsettia is so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your dad likes that you spend so much time on a card and still go to hallmark the same. The things we do for our loved ones is always cherished. The poinsettia looks wonderful and the textures you added are perfect. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!