Sunday, July 1, 2012

Thoughts and Prayers



Good Sunday morning, friends! Today we have a new day and a new challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! Our challenge hostess thsi week is my friend, Linda Lucas. Linda chose this Bible verse for this week's challenge.
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34-35

The challenge this week is to use something new on your card/project creation. For my card, I chose this big ol' shabby bloom flower from Flourishes Store. See the little rosette inside the larger one? That is part of another bloom strip/lace that I cut off just one rosette and glued it to the center. After looking at this card, I decided I may add an entire strip of the smaller rosette down the side over the taupe ribbon, but I left for a Christian conference  this weekend, so it will have to wait till tomorrow, I suppose.
This card uses Flourishes stamps, "Thinking of You," and a corresponding background stamp along with Labels Four, pearls, twine, and taupe ribbon. And of course my new ribbon that I have not used till now.
I always try to achieve balance in my cards, that is probably the priority for me when stamping, and when I received this ribbon and saw how large the rosettes are, I was befuddled as to how to use them without totally overwhelming a card.  I hope I accomplished balance on this card. It reminds me of one of those big floppy baby head bands with those huge rosettes that dwarf a baby's head. Kinda makes me laugh.
On a personal note: The conference I just returned from was in Colorado Springs, the city near the Waldo Canyon area engulfed in fire on Tuesday and over 300 homes have been destroyed so far. I was able to view the  fires from the highway, the helicopters flying in and out...and some areas that looked destroyed, while others were preserved. It was a bit surreal, but also a relief that the fire was going away from the city and as of last report was 30% contained. So praise the Lord for that. It has been very scary, tiring, overwhelming to live in an area where the fires seem to be a constant threat and new ones break out every day. My heart goes out to those that are still under evacuation, those that know their homes are gone, those that are waiting, firefighters and military all working together. I hope to write more when I have had time to process the conference and things we learned, as well as get some rest.
Thanks so much for visiting and your prayers always!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Traci! What a beautiful card... love the big bloom and pretty bg!!!

    Been thinking of you in this hot weather with all the fires! Thanking the Lord you are OK and praying for all those affected by this tragedy!

    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, this is beautiful! The colors are so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Traci! Your card is SO elegant! Love that large artsy flower! And yes, I think it is balanced quite well! So glad you are okay and the fires are being contained. Will continue to pray about that! And for peace and rest for you!
    Bless you!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Traci! The flower is so pretty and your colors are soft and warm. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should have been here long before now to tell you how beautiful this card is....I've drooled over it several times!! Busy week, so my browsing was limited. Now I can catch my breath and take in it's gorgeous details. Love the flower inside the flower. I've been thinking about getting some of these shabby roses. I love them on cards....not overwhelming at all, but they certainly command admiration. I love the simplicity for the rest of the card, so the rose takes center stage...as roses tend to do! Love your creation...am so glad you are home and safe. Blessings, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci - I think you hit the nail on the head with this card! Bulls-eye! It is well balanced and gorgeous! Love everything about it!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the flower!!! I love how you paired it with neutral colors for the rest of the card. It really makes the flower pop. Love this beautiful card! Have a blessed night! ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!