Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tear it Up!



Welcome to my blog today and today's Stampin' Sisters in Christ stamping challenge! This week's hostess is Peggysue!
The verse:
Matthew 27:51
"The veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom."

The challenge: Use torn paper technique (just tear your paper with your fingers and use it somehow on your card, but it must be torn, not cut.)
This week's sponsor is a 15.00 g.c. for Inspired Stamps. They have a great selection of stamps!

My card: I haven't torn paper in so long...it felt kind of strange...but once I added some antiquing with ink, I liked the overall effect much better. I used SU! designer paper, Pool party paper, pool party ribbon, Spellbinders Nestabilities, CD embossing folder, ODBD stamp, and tiny blue rhinestones along with TH Ink, a bit of lace and my bow maker.
I always enjoy the Sundaydevotions and look forward on Sunday mornings to reading them along with you. Please visit the SSiC blog and play along with us for the chance to win stamps from Inspired Stamps and even more so, the opportunity to lift up Christ with your beautiful art!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Traci - I love the verse you put not he front of your card and I really like that you stamped it in a light color. Makes it look a little vintage. The papers are great and tearing is so much fun don't you think?
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, WOW...that verse goes so well with the scripture this week. It perfectly summarizing the effect of the torn veil. Love your card, Traci...my favorite colors right now. I think I have everything to perfectly CASE this card! Love it....love you, sweet friend! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card to honor our Lord. Thanks for the visit and lovely comments. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful Traci!! I just love your combo of colors and your simply elegant design. So pretty!! I hope all has been well!! Thinking of you!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card! I love your colors and that verse! And the layout is awesome, too! This is one of my all time favorites! Hope you're having a blessed week! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Traci - what a perfect scripture for this weeks challenge! Love the sponged tearing - such a vintage feel! Beautiful as always Traci! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci this card is gorgeous and I'm glad you took the plunge and tore your paper. Great layout, I agree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!