Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pawprints on your Heart


Today's stamp challenge and devotions is brought to us by my friend, and Stampin' Sister in Christ, MariLynn.

The verse:
Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

The Challenge:  Make a project that follows this PLAN: (at least) 1 circle or oval element, at least two different papers, and at least 1 embellishment.
Our Sponsors this week: 3 digitals of your choice from Doodle Pantry!

I chose this sweet puppy and girl image from Stampavie. The sentiment is from There She Goes, and the paper is My Mind's Eye. I have not had a lot of opportunity to practice with my copic markers lately, so this was one of those images that I've had awhile and not used. I love to color, but it is one of those things I like to do when I have "all the time in the world." So this was my lazy Saturday card.
My parents recently had to give up one of their dogs due to a biting issue when health care workers came to the house. It is sadly one of those situations where they would either have to be dropped from home health or give up their dog. Thankfully, this was not my mom's "favorite" dog, but still I know they felt badly and it was a difficult choice to have to make. So this card is for my mom...God indeed has taken care of them and given them a new hope and future in their own home. We are all so grateful. I hope this little card will cheer her up and let her know how much I care!
Thanks for visiting, and have a wonderfully blessed week~
Hope you join Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week for our challenge! This was a really fun one!

8 comments:

  1. Traci, you always create the sweetest cards! What a heart-warmer this one is. Your mother will love it. Love the little image, but oh, my...the way you have staged these little cuties is just delightful. Love the papers you chose, and your interpretation of the challenge is spot on. Hope the card makes the decision a little easier on your mom. Hugs to you, sweet friend. I'll be lifting you in prayer throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Traci! Love the sentiment - i need it for my son who had to have his dog put down yesterday. He is heartbroken. I feel bad for your parents. What a difficult situation. Have a good week dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww... your mom will so appreciate this card, and that sentiment is just so perfect Traci! Love your beautiful coloring job--it's very happy and cheery colors. I hope your mom isn't missing her dog too much. Health care is so important and they made the right choice... given they prolly don't have the luxury of having the Dog Whisperer come to their house and train their beloved dog. *wink*

    Hope you get lots more "lazy Saturday" days this summer to color as you please. Hope you're staying cool in this summer heat, and that you're not smoked out anymore. Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... This is so stinkin cute! What fun vibrant colors and beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Traci! Yes, your card is indeed cheery! It is adorable and so thoughtful...your mom will definitely feel both "lifted" and hugged! Love your DP choices and your coloring is perfect! Glad you had a Saturday with a little extra time! May God blees you all week long!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Traci!!!! How adorable is this!!!! LOVE how you colored this adorable image and I know she will just love it!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Traci - this is the cutest image ever andf the sentiment is perfect and so true! Love it! What a great take on this weekds challenge! I am sure your Mum will love this card! {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Traci, I LOVE this! It's such a precious scene! I love your papers and your ribbon, too! It's a beautiful card! Have a blessed week-end! ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!