Sunday, May 27, 2012

Purple Posies



Good Sunday morning! Today we have another challenge on the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog by Candace.
This week's scripture challenge:

Psalm 118:6

"The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

The challenge: Do something on your card that you are afraid of. For example: Clean and Simple style, stitching, a vintage look, etc...Just do something you would not normally do!

Two fears I faced with my card today: First, using this Fleur de Lis Rectangle die. I have had it for quite awhile, but usually have a very difficult time getting it to pop out of the die without tearing it somewhere...so I used a magnetic plate this time and it helped. Also, I used purple, which I actually love, but am a little intimidated by. Purple has a tendency to look cheap if it isn't done right...so I went with an elegant look with just a bit of bling!
I did not take this challenge too seriously, meaning I just had fun with it, and thought, what have I not done in a long time that I would like to try? This was such a fun challenge!
For my card:
Flourishes stamps: From the Garden
Ink: Memento Black, versafine black
Copics for Coloring, C1, C3, C5, C7, V000, V04, V17, G20, G40, G82
Nestabilities, Fleur de Lis Rectangles, Fancy Tags
Pretty wrinkled ribbon from Flourishes
**I am also entering this card in this week's Flourishes challenge to use a flower on your card! You can view this challenge here.http://flourishes.org/2012/05/timeless-tuesday-170/

16 comments:

  1. A beautiful card...simply elegant. I love the die, but I can see all those tiny edge pieces that could get stuck in the die. So glad you persevered to use it...it's gorgeous. Hope you're having a wonderful start to your week. I've enjoyed reading all your adventured on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful flowers and design on the card!! The purple colors and the bow make this such an eye catching card!!
    Just a small tip, place a sheet of waxed paper over your die before you place your cardstock paper, then cut. When you go to pop the diecut out, it will come out without tearing, much easier :)

    Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isfabulous Traci - I have that Die and use Wax Paper/lunchwrap with it and the Die just pops out - your card is so pretty - I think you nailed this challenge Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Traci! Your card turned out so pretty! It IS elegant with the pale pink, white die cut, the light purple and just a touch of bling. Love that image too! Great job!
    Have a blessed week, Sister!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a delightful card, you used the purple in just the right way and your coloring looks amazing. Congrats on getting the die to behave for you! Hoping you have a fun and relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci, I sooo love your pretty card!! The softness speaks volumes. Very calm and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty! I love the soft purple - well done! I like that die and I have problems with them tearing sometimes too. Great card Traci. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Traci, this is super sweet!! I love the touch of purple! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a BEAUTY!!! Love this sweet design! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elegant and beautiful, Traci! I use a metal spacer for dies like the Fleur de Lis one and it works great. Glad you found the magnetic one to work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card! Your coloring is perfect!!! I love how you used the die cut, too! Greag job! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so sweet....fabulous coloring...wonderful details

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tulips look wonderful. Fabulous framing and so feminine feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Traci - What a great card! Glad you overcame you fears and shared this beautiful creation with us. Love this punch. They do stick sometimes but are so worth it when they don't!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!