Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Color Me Happy!!


"In the throes of winter, I found within me there was an invincible summer"...who wrote that? Not sure, I always thought it was a good saying, and poetic, but not really true of me. In the throes of winter I find that there is in most people...one long whine.
So no whining today, the sun is shining outside, and I am playing along with my best buddy, Cindy (aka: Mothermark) in her Teapot Tuesday challenge. It's hard to be grumpy when you are taking snowboard lessons with Abner, the Abominable Snowman, really it is!! But Abner gets grumpy because apparently, he is surrounded by white and needs some color in his world.
So I am introducing Abner to my field of tulips!!
This was a fun and cheerful card to put together using Papertrey Ink's Everyday Button Bits. Because I really wanted to use some of my new wide red and white gingham, I kept the blooms red with a simple green framed out with the white swiss dots!!
Thanks for taking a peek today. Hope the throes of winter don't have you in the doldrums...you can always reach for your stamps and bring in a bit of spring!!

9 comments:

  1. I am such a gingham ribbon fanatic.. If I never had to use another ribbon it would be this.. I think this is wonderful. That snowy guy looked grumpy and this is sure to cheer him. I have to get back to the tea party.. Love this set too.. It is a fun one.. Great job.. It is cold and damp and snowy here so this warmed my sole...Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I better come check on you...that was a nasty fall you took at the halfpipe yesterday! Just rest up today, take in some soup and you will be recovered enough for our lunch on Friday! Snort! Good to talk to you last night....

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, forgot to say how much I loved YOUR card! Its so so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, what an uplifting, cheery card! It's one of those *sigh*-I-just-needed-that-right-now cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do love this card...so clean and crisp and just too darn cute and clever....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and beautiful!!! I so want this PTI Set too. Love all these bottons!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Abner needs to visit your blog more often, wow, what a beauty! Traci this card is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew I was going to like your card when I saw the big red bow. Then I noticed the abundance of doodads! Buttons are some of my favorite doodads. Your card is so classy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!