Thursday, May 14, 2009

The pictures below are where I gather inspiration to stamp and in my personal life.
As you know, this past weekend was Mother's Day and my youngest daughter sent me a beautiful mixed boquet! Although she said the flowers weren't at all what she ordered, the colors were perfect for me, and the tulips with their deep throated orange-red and yellow tipped, along with gerber daisys inspired me to try these tumbled tiles coasters.
I had seen these, but wasn't sure how to attempt them on my own, until I saw a tutorial on Gina K's StampTV...what a huge help that was!!
Erin is pictured in the first post, she is thriving at her first year of college, and she astounds me with her inner and outer beauty, and I am so proud of her...so she and her older sister are where I gather inspiration first~~
The second picture is the boquet, and the third is the tumbled tile coasters. The tiles were stamped first with the Flourishes "gratitude" stamp in green, then the tulip in black stazon. The colors were filled in with the sponge daubers and more of the same stazon ink in blazing red, and mustard. The leaves and stem were filled in with the olive stazon. Felt pads were added to the bottom of the tiles to keep them from scratching wood surfaces.
Thanks for looking...and thanks Erin for the beautiful flowers!

3 comments:

  1. hey cutie...where are the pics????? I'll check back later to see if you upload them.....you must be all excited about 'company' coming or something...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter, the bouquet, and tiles are all so very beautiful, Traci! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci! Erin is so beautiful! As are your flowers! What a thoughtful thing......thanks so much for sharing them with us....

    I hope all is going well today. Here is wishing Tom a speedy recovery! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!