Sunday, May 31, 2009

Featured Stamper Rox, Way to Rock!!!


Hi, Happy Sunday afternoon!

Today is Featured Stamper on SCS, and one of my favorite stampers was chosen, Rox71!!

Rox has been submitting sketches each Wednesday for as long as I can remember, and her sketches are just mind-boggling! But today, her gallery was featured...what fun to spend hours on a nothing else to do lazy day...than find a card to CASE.
I will try a link, but am having technical (brain) difficulties getting Rox's card to show up: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1051678?cat=500&ppuser=23790


I kept the lighthouse theme, and the overall layout, but switched out the colors and didn't add the scenery. Instead, I stamped the words in this set by Our Daily Bread Designs, Keep My Lamp Burning, on a separate sheet of white, highlighted the word, LORD, in red, and cut it out, mounting it with dimensionals separately. I love this set, and have had so much fun using this gift!

I am sending this to my Dad, who is having a difficult recuperation at home following knee surgery. He takes care of my Mom full time and is battling exhaustion! So I want to remind him of God's strength in times of distress.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

3 comments:

  1. Trace, your lighthouse card is beautiful, and I'm sure your dad will love it. I'm sorry to hear that his recuperation has been tough. You and your parents continue to be in my prayers, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is me being a midnight (2:00 am) blogger cuz I can't sleep person! I love that you have technical brain moments! Giggle! You are so funny! Just wanted to come and see wassup on your glob...I love that you are having fun with it....

    It's weird being here late at night...its sorta quiet and dark and what was that noise????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am keeping your parents in my prayers. How difficult for your dad to try to heal but at the same time be a caregiver. I am so glad he has you to help him through this. You are also his light. This card is beautiful. I love the color scheme.. Hang in there.. I will be thinking about you..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!